We love potatoes in our family. Just look at my backside and you’ll know for sure. One of our favorite potato dishes are these baby (chat) potatoes with a creamy, garlicky, buttery sauce.
They are a bit decadent so you wouldn’t want to have them often but we love them on veggie nights. It’s not that they replace meat but they’re filling in the same way.
If you like garlic like we do, then give these a try. They’re really quick and easy to make and I’ve never had anyone not want seconds.
I’ve seen recipes where you slice these and fry them and then toss in the cream and reduce but I choose the easier route.
I scrub the potatoes and cut them into bite sized pieces and boil in salted water until just tender. In a sauce pan I put two cloves of minced garlic and the butter and s l o w l y tease out the garlicky goodness over very low heat. Then I add the cream and salt and pepper to taste and reduce the cream til it’s thick enough to coat the potatoes. By the time the sauce is done, the little pieces of potato are done and it’s time to fill my belly !
- 10 baby (chat) potatoes
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced (you can use less if you don't like garlic)
- ¾ cup cream
- 2 tbs fresh parsley chopped (or 1 tbs dried parsley)
- salt and pepper
- Wash and cut potatoes in bite sized pieces
- Boil over low heat until just done
- In a saucepan melt butter and add the garlic and over low heat cook the garlic for 2 or 3 minutes
- Add cream and reduce til thick enough to coat the potatoes. About 10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and add to cream sauce
- Add parsley, salt and pepper
Enter the text or HTML code here